On behalf of the ICEI Scientific Committee, thank you for submitting your work for presentation at the 22nd International Conference on Environmental Indicators in Helsinki, Finland. We have an on-line submission and evaluation process administered by Kenes; please take a moment to read the below simple guidelines.
All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract submission deadline has been extended until June 1, 2017.
Kindly note that the abstract submission system will be closed after this deadline.
Click here to submit
Abstract Submission Guideline
* Each participant may only submit one abstract as a presenting author. Further abstracts having the same participant as the "presenting author" will not be taken into consideration by the Scientific Committee. In the case of having more than one abstract submitted by the same presenting author, the Scientific Committee will select one of the abstracts randomly and evaluate only this selected abstract.
* All abstracts must be written in English.
* Abstracts can only be submitted online via the conference website.
* Graphs and images are not allowed.
* Define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
* Always make sure to check the final abstract with the system's preview function before submission, and edit or replace as necessary. It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
* The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission of the abstract.
* Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Monday, June 12, 2017 will be included in the Scientific Program.
Accepted abstracts will be scored by the scientific committee and published in the ISEI Journal, the "Journal of Environmental Indicators". Since there will be no editing of the abstracts prior to scoring, authors are required to avoid typing errors, disordering of names, incorrect spelling etc. as these create a negative impression for reviewers.
* Category/Topic: A main category (see below) that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
* Presentation type: Please choose one of the following:
- oral presentation
- poster presentation
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the requirements of the scientific programme.
* Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the "department" and "institution" names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The institution and city should be written in lower case while the initials of each word are written in capitals.
* Author(s): First, middle and last names of the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order.
* Presenting Author Information: Please enter the presenting author contact information.
* Title: Abstract title can contain a maximum of 250 characters.
* Abstract text: Abstract text should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors' names, institutions and key words are not included in this limit.
* Keywords: Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords. Maximum 6 keywords can be given. All keywords should be written in lower case.
* Images, tables, diagrams and graphs not allowed for the abstracts.
* Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
* Please note your username and password for future use. If you forget this information, please get in contact with the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please ensure that the e-mail address of abstract authors are entered correctly to enable the Congress Organizing Secretariat to communicate with you regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated via e-mail to the abstract presenting author.
The abstract categories for 2017 will be as follows:
- Human microbiome in relation to health, nutrition and environmental challenges
- Microbes in soil, water and industrial processes
- Atmospheric pollution and climate change, and their monitoring
- Screening of oceans, waterways and sources
- Circulation economy and sustainable agriculture - screening of their indications
- Electromagnetic radiation and thermal pollution, indicators of the health effects
- Diversity of natural habitats and human impacts on it
- Urban environment and future cities: indicators to follow up the threats and progress
- Food improvement: enhancing cleanliness and nutritive qualities - removal of recalcitrant compounds
- Avoidance of soil destruction, erosion and degradation - increasing sustainability and resilience
When the submission process is finalized, you will see your abstract under the heading "Submitted Abstract". If your abstract is not seen there, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Please be aware that the Scientific Committee will not receive "Not-Submitted Abstracts" and these therefore CANNOT be taken into consideration in the abstract evaluation process.
Upon submitting of your abstract an e-mail including the "Abstract Number" and "Title" of your abstract will be sent to the contact author who has submitted the abstract.
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted abstracts will be scored by 3 members of the Scientific Committee following which the draft program will be drawn up. While scientific merit is the most important factor in evaluating an abstract, the program will also take into account other factors such as the topic, geographic representation etc.
Acceptance letters will be sent by Friday, 2 June 2017 via e-mail. Relevant information about your abstract's presentation including the presentation date, time, venue, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the congress
by Monday, 12 June, 2017.
Abstracts submitted by presenting authors who do not register for the congress and make payment by this deadline will be removed from the final programme and will not be published in the "Journal of Environmental Indicators".
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. We look forward to meeting you for what promises to be a fabulous conference in Helsinki! Please make contact with us directly to email@example.com should you have any specific enquiries.